Pages

Favorites

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

My Review of Beside Your Heart by Mary Whitney 5 stars out of 5

I really loved this book. I cried quite a bit during the entire book, and just felt so bad for Nicki. She suffered so much, and it broke my heart that she lost her sister that she was close to. The feeling of being alone I can relate to, and the author made it to where I could actually feel her loneliness. She meets Adam and this was her first true love. I fell in love with Adam, and I kept hoping there was a they could make the relationship work. Adam was so loving towards her and became her confidant. They got so close but knowing it was going to have to end just kept making me more sad. I cried so much at the end. The part when he broke down had me crying. Nicki was also his first true love, and he was losing a part of himself. I loved the other characters as well. Adam's sister Sylvia was so adorable, and truly looked up to her big brother. Nicki's best friends brought back memories of my high school best friends. Lisa and Rachel were really good friends to her, and I could understand that they didn't know how to help her and only wanted to protect her from getting her heart broken. Everybody knew Adam was leaving back to his home country at the end of the school year. However, all their friends and even their family could see the connection Nicki and Adam had. There were so many talking them out of it because they all knew it would end badly, but something like that can't be stopped. If it is meant to be it is meant to be. The only thing I didn't like was the ending. I don't like endings where I don't know exactly if they got their HEA. It just ended, and I was like uh hello??? where are the other pages. To me it sounds like there could be room for a second book. I sure hope so because I really would love to see more of Nicki and Adam find their ways back to each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment