Pages

Favorites

Saturday, June 29, 2013

My Review of The Domino Effect by Jill Elaine Hughes--4 stars out of 5

This book caught me by surprise.  At first the beginning of the story starts off with Nancy who is a normal struggling college girl majoring in journalism who is only two months away from graduating.  She lives with her roommate/best friend by the name of Hannah.  Hannah works for a magazine and asked Nancy to fill in for her and cover an art exhibit as a personal favor.  The exhibit was not suppose to be anything big or special.  So of course this is where Nancy meets Peter Rostovich who is this very mysterious man and very arrogant she seems to take an interest in right away.  Come to find out he is the artist in question that is responsible for the art show.  The two of them meet and there is this sexual tension immediately between the both of them.  Nancy of course is a virgin and has never been turned on by a man before.  She has been too wrapped up with her studies and working to get through college.  The meeting didn't go as well as planned, which threw Rostovich off his game.  He offers to take her to dinner for an exclusive on him, which apparently is very hard to do because he is very secretive.  Peter takes a lot of measurements to protect his privacy, which only intrigues Nancy more.  If you have read 50 Shades of Grey there are so many similarities throughout the majority of the book in the beginning or at least their relationship.  Towards the end it completely goes another route and the action starts to happen.  Nancy had me cracking up from beginning to end, and even when she was in danger she had her moments.  As soon as the action started happening it got really interesting and I couldn't put the book down.  There is reference to human trafficking, money laundering, connections to the Russian mafia and many other things that of course are not in the other series that I mentioned.  Since, this is where it became an original story which became quite suspenseful.  I'm not saying it is just like 50 Shades of Grey or Bared to You.  There are some similarities between the main female and male characters, but ultimately it was turned into a book of its own.  I can't wait for the next two to come out.  It ended with some type of cliffhanger,and you are left with so many questions regarding exactly who Peter Rostovich is.  Oh one part I kept cracking up with is the relationship between Nancy and her mom.  Her mom had me cracking up, and in some ways reminded me of my mother.  I hope you enjoy the book.  I know I did.


No comments:

Post a Comment