Pages

Favorites

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

My review of Jet by Jay Crownover (A Marked Men Novel #2) 4 out of 5 stars





 
Okay I think I love Jet more than Rule at least for the moment. Guys with tattoos are my weakness. Anyways I loved the chemistry between Ayden and Jet. First let me start off with Ayden. Ayden was way too hard on herself and pissed me off many times during the book by pushing Jet away. Yes she had a past but she did what she had to do to survive. Her brother Asa is a asshat for using her for so long. But for Ayden to think and feel like Jet or even her friends wouldn't accept her after they found out about her past and the stuff she did really frustrated me. All of them have pasts and are not judgmental. Not once did they ever pass judgement on each other. The entire group is very close and I love how they always have each others backs. That is true friendship which is sometimes way stronger than family support. Then we have Jet who does so much for his mom but for nothing. The struggle for him was painful to watch, because he felt so helpless. I completely understand how he didn't want to give up on his mom. That's his mom and I would have felt the same way. However, his dad was a butt head (I would really like to use a much stronger word)and didn't deserve a damn thing from Jet. When his mom betrayed him I about flipped out. What a witch!!! That's her son!! She doesn't deserve to have Jet as a son. She finally broke him and I cried for him. His own mom turning her back on him was heartbreaking. However, both Jet and Ayden are missing part of themselves and when they are together they become whole. Jet fell hard for Ayden and it was hard to watch Ayden struggle with this. I felt so bad for Jet because he fought so hard for Ayden and his mom only to get hurt by both of them. I wanted to take his pain away. You will definitely fall in love with the characters. All in all this book was really good and I read it in a few hours because I couldn't put it down.....ummmmm let's talk about those piercings....because now I am freakin curious but highly doubt my husband would even consider...lol OH I can't wait for Cora's story!!!!!


If you haven't read the first book Rule I suggest reading this one before reading Jet.  Jet can still be read as a stand alone but you would understand more about the characters with reading Rule first.


A guy with tattoos....hmmmmm not a hard choice:)

Synopsis of Rule

Shaw Landon loved Rule Archer from the moment she laid eyes on him. Rule is everything a straight--A pre-med student like Shaw shouldn’t want--and the only person she’s never tried to please. She isn’t afraid of his scary piercings and tattoos or his wild attitude. Though she knows that Rule is wrong for her, her heart just won’t listen.

To a rebel like Rule Archer, Shaw Landon is a stuck-up, perfect princess-and his dead twin brother’s girl. She lives by other people’s rules; he makes his own. He doesn’t have time for a good girl like Shaw-even if she’s the only one who can see the person he truly is.

But a short skirt, too many birthday cocktails, and spilled secrets lead to a night neither can forget. Now, Shaw and Rule have to figure out how a girl like her and a guy like him are supposed to be together without destroying their love . . . or each other

No comments:

Post a Comment