Pages

Favorites

Sunday, June 16, 2013

My review of Wanted Wife by Gwen Jones 4 stars out of 5

Okay I was not expecting for this book to be as funny as it is. I was in tears at one point. I'm just going to jump into it and let you know why I liked it. In the beginning when Jules was with Richard she was making me mad because she still had hope they were going to be able to work something out. Why??? He was a piece of crap after what he did to her. Then when she meets Andy and the part where he decides who will be his wife was freakin hilarious. Her reaction is what had me in tears. Andy is so reserved and a very kind of mysterious character. When Jules decides to marry him which was something she was never expecting it really was like a blessing in a disguise. I would say she had about the crappiest day anybody could ever have. Dumped, homeless, and broke. Dang...and she still held out hope for Richard...crazy right??? So when Jules gets to his farm in many ways it reminded me of Goldie Hawn from the movie Overboard. All the little things that kept happening to her when she first gets to the farm...god too funny. The best part is when she finally fell in love with Bucky. How could she not fall in love with the dog (Bucky). In addition, the other characters in the book Denny and Brent made a really good couple. I loved Denny's sassy mouth and Brent's wits. Denny cracked me up as well with the things he would say to Jules. The dynamic of between Andy and Jules was a little iffy when they first met. I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to really like Andy, but of course he won me over. Jules had me in the beginning until she kept justifying Richard's behavior, but other than her stubbornness to defend Richard she became a very funny character. This book was really good and if you are looking for a nice romance book with humor then this is one you should definitely check out. Took me by surprise.

No comments:

Post a Comment