Pages

Favorites

Saturday, August 24, 2013

Seductive Shadows by Marni Mann Excerpt



About Marni Mann:

A New Englander at heart, Marni Mann, now a Floridian is inspired by the sandy beaches and hot pink sunsets of Sarasota. She taps a mainstream appeal and shakes worldwide taboos, taking her readers on a dark and breathtaking journey. When she’s not nose deep in her laptop, she’s scouring for chocolate, traveling, reading, or walking her four-legged children.

Connect with Marni Mann:

Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/5400988.Marni_Mann

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MarniMannAuthor

Twitter: https://twitter.com/marnimann

There will be 3 winners in the Seductive Shadows Tour Giveaway!

Grand Prize -- Kindle Paperwhite & Seductive Shadows e-book
Runner-up -- $25 Victoria's Secret gift card & Seductive Shadows e-book
Third Runner-up -- Seductive Shadows paperback

Please click HERE to enter.
 

Excerpt #2 from Seductive Shadows: 

He dipped his head, his lips stopping just above my earlobe. His fingers traced the skin below my jaw. I expected words to come out of his mouth, but instead it was a tiny moan. And then a breeze of cold air as he moved over to the bed. He sat on the edge, hands resting on the mattress, after he unknotted his tie.

“Come to me.”

I stepped past the pole and around the end of the bed. His commands and the way he expected to be obeyed enticed me. They weren’t cruel or threatening. His voice, his words, his whole persona was deliberate and inviting. The need from my other sexual partners had often been a turn off, but Jay’s tone was just the opposite.

“Slowly,” he said.

With my chin pointed down, hair falling over my cheeks, I looked up at him as though he were my master. If this was the role I needed to take on for tonight to impress Victoria and make her proud, I was ready to abide. Our eyes met, and his breath quickened. I bit my bottom lip and took a step forward. My toes danced over a broken slab of mirror, pausing for several seconds, and I took another. Landing just a foot from his lap, my fingers caressed the buttons of his shirt, and when I got to the bottom, I started back up.

“Take it off,” he said, his eyes never leaving mine.

I pushed his top button through the hole.

“No,” he said quickly. “Yours.”


GUESS WHAT!!!!  EXCERPT FROM BOOK 2 COMING OUT OCTOBER 24th


PRE-ORDER link for sequel, Seductive Secrecy* (available 10/24): http://www.amazon.com/Seductive-Secrecy-Shadows-series-ebook/dp/B00E8OQ9R2/


EXCERPT FROM BOOK 2 - Seductive Secrecy
:

A gust of cold air burst through my body, tightening every muscle and clenching my lungs. The feeling was always the same, and it only came when I thought of that place…when the memories were thicker than the lessons I had learned by leaving there.

I set both brushes in a jar of water and walked across the hall to the apartment. Then I moved through the kitchen, my hands yanking at my sweater, lifting it over my head and releasing it once I got to the entryway of the bedroom. I peeled off my black skinny jeans until I reached my knee-high boots and dropped both along with my pants in front of the bathroom sinks. My panties and bra fell before I stepped into the shower and turned on the water.

The wall of glass that separated the shower from the rest of the bathroom began to fog, and the marble under my feet turned warm. Windows spanned both sides, overlooking different sections of the Back Bay; below the ledges were niches that held our bottles of shampoo and body wash, and benches for us to sit on. The back wall was a mosaic, an abstract. Water shot out from every direction, spraying from all sides as well as the ceiling. There were even streams below that covered my feet.

My skin was sweating now. Drops of scalding water ran off my body. The places that were being hit directly by the jets had turned a bright red. But it couldn’t stop the chill that continued to spread beneath my flesh.

Six months had passed since I’d left the mansion. I didn’t think about it as much as I used to, but when something instigated those thoughts—something like the mirrored floor in the painting—I had a hard time calming them down again. I still wasn’t sure how I was supposed to process what I had done there, what I had allowed to happen and how much I had once enjoyed it. Part of me didn’t want to take it back; part of me could barely keep down the bile that threatened to rise when I remembered. But that time in my life had gotten me here. And I was here, unlike some of the girls I had shared that house with.

I moved closer to one of the shower heads and pressed my hands against the cold marble that tiled the wall, leaning into the stream of water. It massaged the top of my head.

Breathe.

The drops that filled my ears blocked any noise that was around me. I could taste the product that drizzled from my hair—the spray I had used to hold my curls and the oil that gave it shine. My eyes closed and I inhaled the steam, trying to find a place of relaxation.

A place where the images and the screams would quiet to a dull moan.

And just as I found it, just as my palms no longer kneaded against the stone and my back didn’t pump and arch to find that place of complete comfort, just as I had finally gotten used to the temperature of the water, his arms wrapped around my chest. His hands cupped each of my breasts, his thumbs grazing my nipples.

“Why didn’t you wake me?” he whispered into my neck. His lips followed his words to my skin, his tongue circling the spot just to the side of my throat. It didn’t matter how often he had roamed my body, or how many times, it still felt so new, so unexpected.

“You need your sleep…” I told him. As soon as he touched me, I completely lost my voice. All I had were my desires, and they consumed me.

“I need you more,” he breathed.

No comments:

Post a Comment