Pages

Favorites

Monday, October 21, 2013

My Review of Take My Hand by Nicola Haken--4.5 Stars out of 5


I love this author. She has a way of captivating me in her stories that it seems like I’m almost there. I’m not going to lie but I do cry in all her books so unless you are heartless then you won’t be able to relate. This story is about Emily and Dexter. Emily is a very timid girl who wants to start a fresh start away from her parents so she decides to go away for college with her best friend. Her best friend Rachel is hilarious and one of the strongest people I have ever seen. You will have to read the book to find out why. Rachel never feels sorry for herself which is something I’m guilty of doing all the time. I forget that there are people out there that have it worse. Rachel pushes Emily to be more outspoken and to get Emily to loosen up and have fun in life. Of course Emily meets Dexter. Dexter is the typical mysterious bad boy. They build a friendship first because they have classes together. She is very curious about him and the same for Dexter. They are both very reserved about their feelings because of their past. Finally the love blooms between them but Dexter fights it so much because he doesn’t think he is good enough for Emily. Well of course Emily thinks he is stupid for thinking this but you know how guys can be retarded about love. Eventually, he gives in and I really like how they are able to connect. After you learn about both of their pasts you feel bad for them but then also happy at the same time that they found each other. They are good for one another. However, Emily bares her past to Dexter and he only gives her part of his. He’s afraid to tell her everything for fear of her leaving him. Dexter doesn’t seem to understand that when you love somebody you don’t judge them. You love them unconditionally. Emily knows he’s hiding something and of course Dexter tries to run from her but he fails at that. After everything is out in the open he is amazed that Emily is still with him and most of all still loves him. They have a beautiful love story and I hope it continues on to the next installment. They’ve already been through so much I just don’t want them to suffer anymore. Both of them have had hard lives that they deserve happiness and love most of all. I can’t wait for the next book to come out and as I said before I love the work of this author and can’t wait to read more from her.

No comments:

Post a Comment