Pages

Favorites

Sunday, October 27, 2013

My Review of Trials (Rock Bottom #2) by Sarah Biermann----5 stars out of 5 (Surprise Excerpt)

MY REVIEW 5 STARS OUT OF 5

Trials is one of the best books I read this year. The story of Jeremy and Dylan continues from Tracks. When Tracks ended it was not a very good ending. Dylan broke Jeremy’s heart and went on with her life without him by pushing him away. At first he would have fought for her but then he realized that he loved her too much to bring her down and he never thought he was worthy of her. In this book you find out why Jeremy severed all contact with Dylan. He couldn’t just remain friends like Dylan wanted and watch her with another man because it was hard enough to let her go. Jeremy was determined to fight his demons so he could beat his addiction to drugs. Unfortunately, he reveals to Dylan in this book that she was a trigger for him. He had to sever everything with her in order to beat his addiction for himself and not because Dylan wanted him to do it. This revelation is where Dylan was confused because in the beginning of this book she is still recovering from a broken heart. She never got the closure she needed from Jeremy. One day they were still talking as friends and then suddenly there was no communication with him for 10 months. Her boyfriend Scott stayed with her and Dylan tried to replace Jeremy with Scott. The only problem with this was she could never love Scott the way she loved Jeremy. Her heart was given to Jeremy and that part of her was not something she had to give to Scott. The sad thing is that Scott still stayed with her knowing this. I really did like Scott. He truly was a good man and was very loving towards her but the chemistry was not there. She was comfortable with Scott. Their relationship was truly kind of boring compared to the passion and chemistry between her and Jeremy.

Dylan finally gets her dream internship with the District Attorney’s office. However, she is put on the case against Jeremy. They believe Jeremy murdered this girl that was at one of his parties, and sadly the evidence against him was not good at all. She really didn’t want to be on this case because this meant she would have to face Jeremy for the first time in 10 months. All the unanswered questions as to why he left still plagued her, and Dylan wanted to believe that Jeremy was in some way involved with the murder charge against him. Inside her heart she knew he didn’t but she was mad at him for leaving her the way he did. Also, it didn’t help the fact that she would be on the team that was trying to bring him down. The two of them act like they don’t know each other when they first meet because she is afraid what her boss might do. This was her dream job and she didn’t want to lose it. As you read further in the book there are things you find out about Jeremy and his childhood that break your heart and that he truly has nobody in his life that loves him for just him. All that fame and money is not worth being alone, especially when he has to watch the love of his life happy with another man. He made the choice of letting her go but it still doesn’t make it any easier to know that he can’t be with her. This is a series that was worth reading in two days. I read the first one in one night and then moved on to the second one immediately. You will be hooked once you start and you will be happy to know that Jeremy Mason is now one my BBFs. The author was amazing and I can’t wait to read more from her. Although I wish this series didn’t end but it’s only because I need more of Jeremy. The way the series ends is a perfect way to end Dylan and Jeremy’s story and it brings closure to the readers.

This is who I picture as Jeremy.  (My opinion and not intended to replace other photos of Jeremy) Plus in the book Jeremy has blonde hair but hey a girl can dream......
 EXCERPT

Overcome with emotion, I walk around him, keeping my arms around his waist. I stop when I’m standing in front of him. I look up at him, his hands covering his face, until he drops them to his side. He looks down at me, his eyes deliciously exposed. I understand that this moment is another trial for me- one I’m about to fail.


I stand on my toes and kiss him passionately. I release his waist and place my hands in his hair. He tastes better than I could ever have remembered and when we connect, my entire body tingles. It’s like he is breathing life back into me.


He’s still for a moment, shocked into rigidness. As my mouth begins to move against his, he starts to move his lips in synchronization. He wraps his arms delicately around me, but we’ve been apart too long for gentle. I push my mouth harder into his and wrap my fingers tighter in his hair.

His breathing increases and his mouth moves faster with mine. He grabs the back of my shirt roughly, flipping me around and slamming me back against the wall. I moan and wrap my legs around him. He drops his hands to hold me under my ass.


“Damn you, Dylan,” he says, growling the words in between kisses. “Damn you for making me love you so much. I need you. I need you now. I’ve never needed anything more in my life than I need you right now.” His voice breaks. I understand now, in a way, his addiction. I understand having the pull to something you know is probably bad for you. You know it will probably end horribly. But it makes you feel so good that how can you deny it? I guess that makes me an addict, too. Maybe not of drugs, but to something that has the potential to be just as damaging to me and those around me.

The difference between Jeremy and I is that while he’s beating his addiction, I’m succumbing to mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment