Pages

Favorites

Monday, November 4, 2013

MY REVIEW OF DISCLOSURE OF THE HEART BY MARY WHITNEY---4 STARS OUT OF 5

I loved this book. Nicki and Adam are made for each other. It took them 16 years to get back together but if it is meant to be it is meant to be. It was amazing how fate brought them back together. The love they shared when they were 17 was very intense and when they had to end the relationship it was heartbreaking. Nicki had to stay in Texas while Adam had to move back to England. I cried in the first book and was so depressed that their love story had to end….but it ended with a brief view of Adam at a press release on the very last page of the book!!!! Ughh…..it ended just like that and I was like NOOOOOOOO….So Mary has given us what we have asked for. However, they did not just pick up where they left off. It took them a while to work out the issues with the current relationships they were in and Nicki did everything in her power to avoid him. I thought she lost her mind. I would have ran into his arms and made a scene but hey that’s just me. Then there was also the part where they could not date because she worked for the President and he was a reporter for the BBC. I got very frustrated with Nicki at some points because she tried so hard to push him away and if she had kept pushing she could have lost him forever. Adam never stopped loving her and one look at her is all it took for him to realize he was going to fight for her. I would have loved a little bit more of a hot steamy reunion if you know what I mean. 16 years is a long time to keep up pent up sexual feelings for each other right? Otherwise, this book was great. I still think there is room for a third book and it looks like there will be one!!!!! I went through debating whether they were getting back together or not and chewing the hell out of my bubble gum. It’s not the ending you may want but I think you will like it. I can’t wait to read more from Mary and especially the next one in this series.

1 comment: